Murray & Roberts’ concrete technologist, Cyril Attwell, met with the Minister of Science and Technology, Naledi Pandor at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss a grant tor Murray & Roberts to continue with their research in respect of cement replacement concrete.
During the meeting the minister indicated that new developments in technology should always be considered against the beneficiation to society. Although the economic and environmental aspects of new technology is very important consideration should also be given to job creation when making decision on replacing current systems.
For more information contact:
Group Concrete and Research Manager
More in NewsRead More »
- $100-million loan for African infrastructure spending
- Atterbury’s Mall of Africa gets top honours at VIVA Awards
- Cement and concrete affected by faltering construction industry
- How to build affordable housing with 30% less in materials consumption
- LafargeHolcim won't be diluted by African unit's capital hike