The Western Cape's investment promotion agency Wesgro said on Friday it had facilitated over R1.3-billion in investments in the first quarter,
which would support the creation of 549 direct jobs.
"This is an outstanding achievement, especially considering the drought, economic uncertainty and a general slowdown in globalisation faced in the first quarter of this year," Wesgro CEO Tim Harrissaid. "By helping attract investment into our province, our team is contributing to economic growth and job creation – our key priority."
The investment is the outcome of tours to nine international markets including Malaysia, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Hong Kong, China and France to promote opportunities in Cape Town and the Western Cape.
- Links: Engineering news
More in NewsRead More »
- Investment pledges will add about R338bn to South Africa’s economic growth – PwC
- Investment Conference bags R290 billion for SA
- KZN MEC unveils 25 planned projects to attract R200bn investment
- AfDB Launches first Africa-to-Africa Investment Report
- China to invest in US $209m Gabon hydro power project