Ethiopian Airlines Group has disclosed that the first phase of the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport expansion is expected to go operational by the end of JuneThe Group also said it is over-performing in terms of building domestic airports when it presented its nine month report before HPR Transport Affairs Standing Committee.Tewdros Dawit, CEO of Ethiopian Airports Enterprise, said "We are in the position to make the east wing operational."
Moreover, the CEO also stated that the whole expansion project will be completed either by the end of this year, and it is expected that it will enable the Airport to accommodate up to 22 million passengers per year."When the project is completed, we believe it opens a big chapter and will enable the Airport to make a big leap within the continental aviation industry."In relation to domestic airports, Tewdros indicated that Ethiopia boasted the largest number of airports in Africa next to Nigeria, which meet international standard.
- Links: All Africa
More in NewsRead More »
- UAE to invest $23.1bn into airport development and expansion
- Ethiopia announces $1.2bn mega housing project for Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia and Somalia agree joint development of four seaports
- Ethiopia to construct 8,428 homes under middle-income housing scheme
- Ethiopia: Enterprise announces construction of 8,428 condo houses