Ethiopian Airlines Group has disclosed that the first phase of the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport expansion is expected to go operational by the end of JuneThe Group also said it is over-performing in terms of building domestic airports when it presented its nine month report before HPR Transport Affairs Standing Committee.Tewdros Dawit, CEO of Ethiopian Airports Enterprise, said "We are in the position to make the east wing operational."
Moreover, the CEO also stated that the whole expansion project will be completed either by the end of this year, and it is expected that it will enable the Airport to accommodate up to 22 million passengers per year."When the project is completed, we believe it opens a big chapter and will enable the Airport to make a big leap within the continental aviation industry."In relation to domestic airports, Tewdros indicated that Ethiopia boasted the largest number of airports in Africa next to Nigeria, which meet international standard.
- Links: All Africa
More in NewsRead More »
- Ethiopia probes killing of Dangote Cement country manager
- Ethiopia invites bidders for 550MW Didesa hydroelectric power project
- New Plett Magistrates Court marks the start of communities coming together
- Mozambique to construct an airport in Gaza province
- Transformation initiatives revitalize South Africa’s construction industry