Raysut Cement Company, the largest producer of cement in Oman, said it has started operations of its new state-of-the-art fully automatic packing machine.
With this new packer, installed by a leading European equipment manufacturer, the company has now increased its bag packing capacity at its Salalah plant to 1.8 million tonnes, said Raysut Cement Company CEO Joey Ghose after inaugurating the new packing facility in the presence of senior company officials at the company headquarters.
The Salalah plant has a clinker capacity of 3 million tonne per annum.
The Omani company’s new packing machine has been installed at an investment of RO1.5 million ($3.89 million). This additional capacity will enable an additional 0.6 mtpa bagged cement supply into Raysut Cement’s export markets of Yemen, Somalia and East Africa.
Raysut is strategically located in Salalah, Oman, with a customer base across Oman, Yemen, Somalia, Mauritius, Qatar, Iraq, Tanzania, Sudan and beyond. Its network includes five storage and packing terminals.
Raysut Cement Company expanded its production bases to Ras Al Khaimah in the UAE through 100 per cent acquisition of Pioneer Cement Industries, an integrated cement and clinker grinding plant, in 2011.
- Links: Gdn online
More in NewsRead More »
- East Africa: cement firms stare at dwindling fortunes as prices, production fall
- Agreement cements venture to deliver 1 800 MW of wind energy in South Africa
- PPC considers expansion and possible sell-off in DRC
- Business mogul Dangote faults Kenya over corruption
- Abdulsamad Rabiu plans to list BUA Cement on stock exchange