The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) is positive that this year will highlight the Coega Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) as a prime investment destination.
CDC marketing and communications head Dr Ayanda Vilakazi says there are currently six projects under construction within the IDZ and that five of these are expected to become operational by the end of the 2016/17 financial year.
“Currently 555 people are contracted on the projects in the IDZ, 70% of who are Nelson Mandela Bay-based residents.”
The CDC has 36 operational investors with a combined investment value of R6-billion.
Construction of Beijing Automotive Group’s R11-billion automotive manufacturing plant will take place this year, as well as the implementation of energy-related projects falling under the Department of Energy's gas-to-power programme with 1 000 MW of the power facility allocated to the Coega IDZ.
- Links: Engineering News
More in NewsRead More »
- $100-million loan for African infrastructure spending
- Atterbury’s Mall of Africa gets top honours at VIVA Awards
- LafargeHolcim won't be diluted by African unit's capital hike
- Africa more costly than any other region for developing infrastructure projects
- Urgent reforms needed to ensure Africa creates the 450m jobs it needs in 20yrs