This year the Dubai Municipality launched a new annual award to recognise and incentivise the city’s top concrete companies. In its inaugural year, the silver prize was awarded to Cemex.
The winners were announced during the eighth annual International Concrete Technology Forum, organised in Dubai this year by Grey Matters in partnership with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association of the United States of America (“NRMCA”) and the DM.
Readymix and precast concrete companies in Dubai that had undergone a DM audit and received a certification were eligible to participate.
“Cemex is a recognised global company that strives to uphold the highest standards of safety and quality for our employees, customers, and communities,” said Alejandro García Cogollos, Cemex Planning & Administration Director in Dubai.
“This award is a recognition of everything we have achieved to uphold those standards in Dubai. I’m proud of my colleagues and look forward to continuing the good work in the coming years.”
During the awards ceremony, the Dubai Central Laboratory indicated an interest in expanding the award, creating more categories that will allow more opportunities for recognition.
More in NewsRead More »
- Dubai to award US$3bn worth of contracts for Expo 2020
- Dubai announces Jumeirah Central as the new mega-development
- Dubai opens world's first functioning 3D office building
- Emaar plans Dubai tower “a notch taller” than Burj Khalifa
- Famous Dubai hotel to explode its footprint with massive deck shipped from Finland