This year the Dubai Municipality launched a new annual award to recognise and incentivise the city’s top concrete companies. In its inaugural year, the silver prize was awarded to Cemex.
The winners were announced during the eighth annual International Concrete Technology Forum, organised in Dubai this year by Grey Matters in partnership with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association of the United States of America (“NRMCA”) and the DM.
Readymix and precast concrete companies in Dubai that had undergone a DM audit and received a certification were eligible to participate.
“Cemex is a recognised global company that strives to uphold the highest standards of safety and quality for our employees, customers, and communities,” said Alejandro García Cogollos, Cemex Planning & Administration Director in Dubai.
“This award is a recognition of everything we have achieved to uphold those standards in Dubai. I’m proud of my colleagues and look forward to continuing the good work in the coming years.”
During the awards ceremony, the Dubai Central Laboratory indicated an interest in expanding the award, creating more categories that will allow more opportunities for recognition.
More in NewsRead More »
- Dubai Municipality: 28,600 buildings currently under construction
- Work on world’s first 3D-printed skyscraper to begin in Dubai by 2023
- Dubai developer plans replica of Venice as “world’s first underwater resort”
- Dubai breaks Guinness record for largest continuous concrete pour
- Dubai’s Torch Tower torched – again