Competent Person ‘A’ Training
- Date: 6 – 9 November 2017
- Time: 09:00 – 16:00
- Venue: Drift Supersand, Plot 121 Abraham Van Wyk Road, Muldersdrift
- Costs: R4000.00 per delegate – includes refreshments and course material
- MQA Accredited
The regulations require a Competent Person to examine and make safe a workplace (Competent Person A) and determine that such competence will vest in a candidate having achieved the requirements of the relevant skills programme registered with the Mining *Qualifications* Authority. The programme Aspasa with its Skills Training Provider (PRISMA) has been developed to ensure four days only, with Practical Assessment at a nearby operation. This ensures that students complete the full course and when they return to the company they are finished and no further evaluation or costs are incurred for the employer
In terms of the Mines Health and Safety Act and Regulations (Act 29 of 1996), and for purposes of Regulations 14.1 (1) and 14.1 (5), Competent Person means a person who has been assessed and found competent to examine and declare a workplace safe. Such competent person must ensure, if at any time a working place or part thereof becomes unsafe during a shift, that:
- All persons, other than those examining and making safe, are removed from such unsafe area
- No persons are permitted to return thereto until declared safe by a Competent Person
- A Competent Person must declare a workplace safe before any work can be done and also when the work area changes.
More information from Tel: 011 791 3327 / www.aspasa.co.za
- No cancellations will be accepted 10 working days prior to the date of the workshop.
- Workshop will be charged in full
- ASPASA Reserves the right to cancel the workshop in the event of not having enough delegates – MINIMUM 10 DELEGATES – MAX 30
More in NewsRead More »